For many, anxiety is the norm. Anxiety seems to propel life forward, a basic energy in life. This may be true to an extent, but it is likely rooted in fear avoidance. I have heard it said that anxiety is the truest form of atheism. If it’s all up to me and I have no reliable authority from which to gird my accountability for my actions, where oughts are arbitrary, then existential anxiety must be the norm (see John Paul Sartre in various conundrums of being condemned to be free). If God is love, and love casts out fear, then we can let go of our anxieties and live freely into any passion which is in accord with love. The difference between love and fear may be as subtle as the difference between creating as a process and gaining as an outcome. If creating is de-linked from personal gain, then gain happens for all. If our creating is enmeshed in personal gain or loss avoidance, the goodness doesn’t grow, and, at best, it is merely maintained. The seed metaphor is perhaps the most apt in grasping this process in that a seed must die to its current state of existence to grow into something more, some potential in the seed actualized, a crop yielding many-fold. Greed and selfishness leads us to consume our seed, or even better for the selfish, to consume others’ seed. The worst fruit of such selfish behavior is tempting others to pay undue attention to merely protecting what they have versus creating anew. Let us not be overly wrought with the selfishness of others and continue following our good passions yielding good fruits for all.
About Top Pun’s Blog
Top Pun's mission is to maximize prophets. Top Pun creates serious, funny, and seriously funny peace and justice designs which are available on your choice of products such as buttons, T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Top Pun blogs to highlight additional facets of his word artistry such as pun-filled poetry and funny political satire, free posters, as well as political actions of local and global importance -- and don't forget the noncommercial, public health radio show available online, Just for the Health of It . Top Pun's serious playfulness ever reminds us that justice is no yoke, and the pun is mightier than the sword!
My Public Health Radio Show
- FREE POSTER: Scientists have narrowed down the origin of the COVFEFE-19 virus to either a raccoon virus or Oompa-Loompa virus
- Trump Begs Forgiveness For Bungling COVID-19 Response
- POEM: What Cannot Be Forest Upon Mother Nature
- POEM: Neighboring Accountability
- POEM: Nobody Really No’s
- LOVE POEM: The Her and Now
- LOVE POEM: Stolen Goods
- POEM: Dyslexic Write Wringer
- POEM: That Clarity Amidst Blood
- POEM: God’s Tell
- FREE POSTER: T-rump, BIG MOUTH, tiny hands, Breaks Shit
- UNIMPEACHABLE POEM: When Conspiracy Makes a Perfect Call
- POEM: Goddest of Dreams
- POEM: BS Meters
- POEM: Loyalty Oafs
- An Apparently Unimpeachable POEM: If Only It Were Just Bazaar
- POEM: Got Marxism?
- POEM: God’s Lazy As
- IMPEACHMENT TRIAL POEM: Constipated Just US
- FREE POSTER: God is Love (with asterisk)
- THANKS for perusing Top Pun's word artistry!
Search Top Pun Blog
Top Pun’s Design Categories
Popular Design Subcategories
Top Pun’s Cool Products
- Donald Trump
- free poster
- Short Poems
- Top Pun