About Top Pun’s Blog
Top Pun's mission is to maximize prophets. Top Pun creates serious, funny, and seriously funny peace and justice designs which are available on your choice of products such as buttons, T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Top Pun blogs to highlight additional facets of his word artistry such as pun-filled poetry and funny political satire, free posters, as well as political actions of local and global importance -- and don't forget the noncommercial, public health radio show available online, Just for the Health of It . Top Pun's serious playfulness ever reminds us that justice is no yoke, and the pun is mightier than the sword!
My Public Health Radio Show
- Facebook Sucks! Clean It Up!! Get a Browser Extension Too Due Just That!!!
- POEM: Hour Weepin’ of Choice
- POEM: Royally Backwards: Owed to Chuck the King
- POEM: Death Unexplained [Ode to Harry Gavin]
- FREE POSTER: There Are QUEENS and There Are QUEENS – I Prefer The FORMER
- POEM: A Litany For The Birds
- POEM: Authentic Hat Whisperer
- POEM: Putin on the Ritz
- FREE POSTER: Scientists have narrowed down the origin of the COVFEFE-19 virus to either a raccoon virus or Oompa-Loompa virus
- Trump Begs Forgiveness For Bungling COVID-19 Response
- POEM: What Cannot Be Forest Upon Mother Nature
- POEM: Neighboring Accountability
- POEM: Nobody Really No’s
- LOVE POEM: The Her and Now
- LOVE POEM: Stolen Goods
- POEM: Dyslexic Write Wringer
- POEM: That Clarity Amidst Blood
- POEM: God’s Tell
- FREE POSTER: T-rump, BIG MOUTH, tiny hands, Breaks Shit
- UNIMPEACHABLE POEM: When Conspiracy Makes a Perfect Call
- THANKS for perusing Top Pun's word artistry!
Search Top Pun Blog
Top Pun’s Design Categories
Popular Design Subcategories
Top Pun’s Cool Products
- Donald Trump
- free poster
- Short Poems
- Top Pun
Make Crime Illegal
Make crime illegal – funny POLITICAL BUTTON
Make Crime Illegal – FUNNY POLITICAL BUTTON
This cool design is linked to a button, but other great top pun products like T-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, caps, key chains, magnets, posters, and sticker sheets can be accessed by scrolling down the product page.
View more Political Buttons.
This design plays on the absurdities of logic and the confusion of means and ends. It makes sense to oppose crime in the vast majority of cases. This is a reasonable foundation for civilization: the rule of law. Of course, there are notable exceptions, namely, unjust laws and the unjust enforcement of laws that cry out for civil disobedience. No set of laws, no matter how comprehensive or well-thought-out, can fully capture moral or ethical behavior, let alone enforce it. With a simple proposition of making crime illegal, a simple tautology, being that which crime is commonly understood to be is,in fact, that which is illegal. The first of my desired effects with this design is to see the foolishness of applying ever-increasing illegality to address crime. This could be called the fascist solution. And I want to speak to anti-fascists solutions. As alluded to earlier with the case of civil disobedience to disobey an unjust law or an unjust application of law, morality and ethics are not equivalent to legality. Certainly, there are many actions that are legal that are not moral or ethical. Similarly, there are actions that are moral or ethical which are illegal. The ultimate difficulty of enforcing moral or ethical behavior through coercion, i.e., law enforcement, forces us to look beyond brute force or even social norms to gain moral or ethical behavior amongst any group of people. Thus, like many of my designs, the message poses both an answer that may jar some people's current thinking, as well as a question, a more difficult question, regarding the nature of right behavior and how to create more of it. One of my favorite quotes along these lines is from albert schweitzer: “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” In the end, law enforcement reaches a natural limit in controlling others through physical force, coercion, violence. If we want moral and ethical behavior then we need to model moral and ethical behavior. Like gandhi proposed, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” And as he lived, “My life is my message.”