This poem is about work, vocation, passion, and burnout. This poem is mournful in that so many dreams go unrealized, uncaught. This poem is a hopeful invitation to pursue your dreams with more vigor, focus and intent. As the Bible so aptly points out, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.” (Matthew 9:37) Work is often tiring, as being impelled to do stuff that is tiresome. Enough work and we burnout. Vocations, on the other hand, unleash passions and dreams. With excessive work we miss both sleep and dreaming with our eyes wide open. Vocations both generate dreams and actively invest time and life energy in pursuing said dreams. Still, having sufficient dreams is not generally the rate-limiting factor, unless we are totally burned out. Most often, paying dear attention to those dreams and befriending them with the freshest and best parts of us is what enables us to catch our dreams. May you organize your life in such a way that you are well-suited to catch your dreams.
About Top Pun’s Blog
Top Pun's mission is to maximize prophets. Top Pun creates serious, funny, and seriously funny peace and justice designs which are available on your choice of products such as buttons, T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Top Pun blogs to highlight additional facets of his word artistry such as pun-filled poetry and funny political satire, free posters, as well as political actions of local and global importance -- and don't forget the noncommercial, public health radio show available online, Just for the Health of It . Top Pun's serious playfulness ever reminds us that justice is no yoke, and the pun is mightier than the sword!
My Public Health Radio Show
- FREE POSTER: Scientists have narrowed down the origin of the COVFEFE-19 virus to either a raccoon virus or Oompa-Loompa virus
- Trump Begs Forgiveness For Bungling COVID-19 Response
- POEM: What Cannot Be Forest Upon Mother Nature
- POEM: Neighboring Accountability
- POEM: Nobody Really No’s
- LOVE POEM: The Her and Now
- LOVE POEM: Stolen Goods
- POEM: Dyslexic Write Wringer
- POEM: That Clarity Amidst Blood
- POEM: God’s Tell
- FREE POSTER: T-rump, BIG MOUTH, tiny hands, Breaks Shit
- UNIMPEACHABLE POEM: When Conspiracy Makes a Perfect Call
- POEM: Goddest of Dreams
- POEM: BS Meters
- POEM: Loyalty Oafs
- An Apparently Unimpeachable POEM: If Only It Were Just Bazaar
- POEM: Got Marxism?
- POEM: God’s Lazy As
- IMPEACHMENT TRIAL POEM: Constipated Just US
- FREE POSTER: God is Love (with asterisk)
- THANKS for perusing Top Pun's word artistry!
Search Top Pun Blog
Top Pun’s Design Categories
Popular Design Subcategories
Top Pun’s Cool Products
- Donald Trump
- free poster
- Short Poems
- Top Pun