This poem is a reminder to both young and old about the raw beauty of youth, the vim and vigor, dream-filled ebullience, and grace-filled awkwardness. This poem can be understood without additional context, though the title — A Choiring, Raw Youth — is perhaps both a clue and enigma. This poem was inspired by a high school choir performing at the retirement community where my dad lives. I was youthful in compare to the rest of the audience, but, I am at that age where high school kids look look younger every year — and eventually either they or I will be issued diapers! The experience and perspective of age — age owed eyes — may be uniquely able to appreciate the stunning juxtaposition of adolescent awkwardness and untainted talent. For me, this elicited great compassion and hope. It is a rare day that I would trade age for youth. Though I frequently quip that youth is wasted on the young. Still, even this quip is a cloaked compliment at the glory of youth, in awe of its awkwardness and blooming energy. Their performance made a home for joy. And as they headed out into the world, I trust that their freshness will continue to make this place we call earth ever anew. I was bettered by the presence of their performance. May people of awe ages give way to their fresh hope and awkward glory.
About Top Pun’s Blog
Top Pun's mission is to maximize prophets. Top Pun creates serious, funny, and seriously funny peace and justice designs which are available on your choice of products such as buttons, T-shirts, and bumper stickers. Top Pun blogs to highlight additional facets of his word artistry such as pun-filled poetry and funny political satire, free posters, as well as political actions of local and global importance -- and don't forget the noncommercial, public health radio show available online, Just for the Health of It . Top Pun's serious playfulness ever reminds us that justice is no yoke, and the pun is mightier than the sword!
My Public Health Radio Show
- FREE POSTER: Scientists have narrowed down the origin of the COVFEFE-19 virus to either a raccoon virus or Oompa-Loompa virus
- Trump Begs Forgiveness For Bungling COVID-19 Response
- POEM: What Cannot Be Forest Upon Mother Nature
- POEM: Neighboring Accountability
- POEM: Nobody Really No’s
- LOVE POEM: The Her and Now
- LOVE POEM: Stolen Goods
- POEM: Dyslexic Write Wringer
- POEM: That Clarity Amidst Blood
- POEM: God’s Tell
- FREE POSTER: T-rump, BIG MOUTH, tiny hands, Breaks Shit
- UNIMPEACHABLE POEM: When Conspiracy Makes a Perfect Call
- POEM: Goddest of Dreams
- POEM: BS Meters
- POEM: Loyalty Oafs
- An Apparently Unimpeachable POEM: If Only It Were Just Bazaar
- POEM: Got Marxism?
- POEM: God’s Lazy As
- IMPEACHMENT TRIAL POEM: Constipated Just US
- FREE POSTER: God is Love (with asterisk)
- THANKS for perusing Top Pun's word artistry!
Search Top Pun Blog
Top Pun’s Design Categories
Popular Design Subcategories
Top Pun’s Cool Products
- Donald Trump
- free poster
- Short Poems
- Top Pun